- What is CREODIAS?
- Computing & Cloud
- Data & Processing
- Pricing Plans
- Fight with COVID-19
- Examples of usage
- Satellite-based Urban Heat Island Mapping on CREODIAS
- Old but gold - historical EO data immediately available and widely used on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for emergency fire management
- AgroTech project as an example of how CREODIAS can be used for food and environmental research
- Monitoring Air Quality of Germany in Pre vs During COVID Lockdown Period
- Common Agricultural Policy monitoring with Earth Observation
- Applications of CREODIAS data
- Meteorological data usage on the CREODIAS platform
- Building added value under Horizon Europe with CREODIAS
- CREODIAS: Introduction to SAR Sentinel-1 data
- Land subsidence and landslides monitoring based on satellite data
- Satellite imagery in support of the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) and crop statistics
- Useful tools for data processing, available on CREODIAS platform
- CREODIAS for hydrological drought modelling
- CREODIAS for managing Urban Heat Islands
- CREODIAS for Digitising Green Spaces
- CREODIAS for Air Quality
- Advanced data processors on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for your application
- Solutions for agriculture with CREODIAS
- Earth Observation data for Emergency response
- Security Applications with Satellite Data
- Climate Monitoring with Satellite Data
- Water Analysis on CREODIAS
- CREODIAS for land and agriculture monitoring
- Solutions for atmospheric analysis
- Example of tool usage
- Processing EO Data and Serving www services
- Processing and Storing EO
- Embedding OGC WMS Services into Your website
- GPU Use Case
- Using the EO Browser
- EO Data Finder API Manual
- Use of SNAP and QGIS on a CREODIAS Virtual Machine
- Use of WMS Configurator
- DNS as a Service - user documentation
- Use of Sinergise Sentinel Hub on the CREODIAS EO Data Hub
- Load Balancer as a Service
- Jupyter Hub
- Use of CREODIAS Finder for ordering data
- ESRI ArcGIS on CREODIAS
- Use of CEMS data through CREODIAS
- Searching, processing and analysis of Sentinel-5P data on CREODIAS
- ASAR data available on CREODIAS
- Public Reporting Dashboards
- Sentinel Hub Documentation
- Integration Guides
- OGC API
- Custom Processing Scripts
- Legal Matters
- Partner Services
- About Us
Example of usage
Advanced data processors on CREODIAS
There are different levels of processing of satellite data available on CREODIAS. All the data is ready to use for further analysis but to make it faster and easier for the user, CloudFerro offers Product Generation as a Service (PGaaS) or Processing as a Service (PaaS) for the Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 imagery. PaaS is a special service for demanding users who need a large scale, fast and professional data delivery.
CREODIAS Finder application provides registered users with an opportunity to order the special data in the PaaS mode. In general, DIAS-es provide only specific types of data with a specific level of processing. This range is enough for a typical analysis or application. Data analysts and remote sensing specialists can proceed them to achieve the goals of their projects. Nevertheless, CREODIAS tools can make this process even easier saving the users their time and resources for calculating advanced products.
There are several processors available:
- Sentinel-1 CARD-BS terrain-corrected backscatter
- Sentinel-1 CARD-COH6 interferometric coherence
- Sentinel-1 CARD-COH12 interferometric coherence
- Sentinel-1 COG Cloud-Optimised Geotiff
- Sentinel-2 L2A sen2cor surface reflectance with sen2cor processor.
Sentinel-1 L2 BackScatter (BS) is a processor that provides users with a professional terrain correction of satellite imagery. It is a good base for further analyses of single cases. This kind of geometric activity makes it possible to provide measurements based on the output product and is an important step for any further thematic analysis, for example for planning a new road in the mountains or monitoring mining areas.
Input: S-1 Level-1
Output: S-1 Level-2 terrain corrected backscatter data
Units: Gamma 0 for both VH and VV polarisations
Output format: DIMAP
COHERENCE IN TIME
Sentinel-1 CARD-COH6 produces Sentinel-1 Level-2 interferometric coherence data. The coherence between two acquisitions – one before and the other one after the change – can affect the phase and the amplitude of the Sentinel-1 imagery. That is why, even a small land cover or land use change can be detected. Therefore, Sentinel-1 CARD-COH6 is a popular solution for tracking seasonal changes as well as sudden surface disturbances, for example earthquakes, slides or storms.
The afore mentioned S-1 CARD-COH6 products capabilities are also used in agriculture. A few days repetition and independence from cloud cover enable tracking not only crop types or changes, but also grassland moving dates and agrotechnical practices occurrence such as ploughing. Sen4CAP application is a ready solution which can calculate all these parameters automatically in CREODIAS image. Another example of application, possible to implement is the "CAP Checks by Monitoring” (CbM), introduced by Joint Research Centre..
Input: S-1 6-day temporal baseline for both VH and VV polarisations
Output: S-1 Level-2 interferometric coherence data
Output format: GeoTiff
Sentinel-1 CARD-COH12 works similar to Sentilel-1 CARD-COH6, the only difference is a 12-day coherence cycle.
Input: S-1 12-day temporal baseline for both VH and VV polarisations
Output: S-1 Level-2 interferometric coherence data
Output format: GeoTiff
NEW OPTIMISED GRD
Sentinel-1 COG Cloud-Optimised Geotiff is an alternative product format for Sentinel-1 GRD. It is considered as more efficient and a better structured. COG has a layered and tiled structure that enables a much more efficient processing and faster access to the specific parts of the scene.
COG products can be generated on demand for any place on Earth and for any chosen time as a PaaS order. Nevertheless CREODIAS is providing a 30 day rolling archive of these products with new data added continuously along with standard GRD delivered by ESA. A ready archive can be accessed through our search GUI and API (CREODIAS Finder - https://finder.creodias.eu).
Input: Sentinel-1 GRD
Output: Cloud-Opimised Geotiff
SURFACE REFLECTANCE PRODUCT
Sentinel-2 L2A sen2cor processor generates a surface reflectance product. It converts Sentinel-2 L1C data to atmospherically corrected L2A data. From top-of-atmosphere to bottom-of-atmosphere true surface reflectance values. L2A products allow detailed spectral analysis of surface elements properties e.g. vegetation condition, soil status, durable surfaces characteristic, geological or cryosphere analysis.
The most actual S-2 L2A data is available on CREODIAS. It is mostly for European coverage and it is kept in rolling cache of 1 PB. Oldest data is removed when cache is full. For other instances, user can order processing generation service.
Sentinel-2 L2A sen2cor:
Input: Sentinel-2 L1C
Output: Sentinel-2 L2A
Image below: Example of sen2core processor - Corfu Island before (L1C) and after atmospheric correction (L2A)
BEST EFFORT or PREMIUM
There are two modes for data ordering: best effort and premium.
The best effort scenario is free of charge, but there is no guarantee of completion in a short time, and it is dependent on the current queue. Several images can be generated in one or two days, but in order to proceed hundreds of imagery items, the premium mode is preferable.
The premium service gives the user a guarantee of timeframe and an opportunity to negotiate individual processing conditions. The table below presents a current price list. To arrange the details, please contact our sales department at email@example.com.
Product Generation as a Service
One time fee
Type of processor
Sentinel-2 sen2cor L2A
ADVANCED DATA FOR YOUR APPLICATION
PaaS services offered by CloudFerro make spatial analysis more convenient. The Advanced processing technology is now available for anyone and for any application. The solution comes from processing options.
Each processor is developed for some purposes, increasing informative and use value of our data. In CREODIAS each user have a choice about level of processing wider than in a standard Copernicus repository.
Author: Sylwia Nasiłowska (PhD), Project Manager, CloudFerro